Friday, December 11, 2009

It isn't always easy...

Lately I feel like life has been hitting me full force, and this is not to say that I am not thankful, however I am exhausted from it all. This past week and a half I have had the opportunity to be subbing in a special education classroom up at La Center Elementary School. I was asked to fill in while they got all the pieces picked up from the teacher who was supposed to have gotten the pieces together in the first place. This "fill-in" job turned into quite the JOB. I ended up being the one to sort through and attempt to put order to the pieces that were left in 47 million different directions. It's been a great experience, and has come with quite a great deal of stress, but I decided it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. They asked me to come back next week as well as the first week back after winter break. This was exciting for me, and it brought an opportunity to write some of my own lesson plans and decide what to work with the students on. I'm not quite sure what the final outcome of the situation is going to be, but I am thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me over this past month.

Steve and I signed up for a Scuba Diving class a few weeks back. We both completed the written part of the class and this last week was the first couple classes at the pool working with equipment and being in the water. It was an interesting experience to say the least. To say it bluntly, I had quite a difficult time getting comfortable with the situation and this prevented me from relaxing and being able to accomplish what I was supposed to accomplish. I am going to hold off on the class (Steve is continuing) and I hope that possibly someday in the future I can work up the nerve to try again.

The weather has been a bit on the chilly side lately (and that's putting it lightly!). Our doggies have been living a life of luxury lately because of it. They have enjoyed being brought inside to sleep and get cozy (normally they sleep in their kennels in the garage--however it is far too cold out there in my opinion). It's funny how we all get ourselves into a routine in order to make sure that our nights and mornings go smoothly. I have to say.. it makes me smile!

Our house is all decorated (well mostly). We have lights outside, our tree is up with lights and decorations, we've got a few other things around and now all we need is the smell of baking to fill the house! One week left of work and I can begin to focus on my favorite holiday past-time--aside from eating--baking! YUM YUM! *and I know Steve can't wait either! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment