Tuesday, June 15, 2010

District 6 Open House

The first weekend in June was the District 6 Open House. Naturally, Steve was there so Izzy and I went to visit daddy and take in the sights. 

 Izzy helped watch traffic and scoped out the yummy treats that kiddos kept walking by with.

I ask for a smile, and this is what I usually get. Gotta love him. ♥

We were in a prime location to watch all of the kids ride by on the old fire engine. Izzy was very intrigued by all the sounds, and I think if she had her way, she'd hitch a ride up there too!

One of my favorite parts was watching the Life Flight Helicopter land. It was pretty loud and stirred up a lot of dust and garbage, but was neat to see it so close up!

We also got to watch a demonstration by the K9 units. Izzy wanted to play, and I kept thinking to myself, why would you want to do something so wrong that these doggies end up chasing you?!

 This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. Izzy and Steve, intently watching the K9 demo together. ♥ It was a very fun day (& great weather might I add!). We all had a great time, Steve and I enjoyed watching how well Izzy did around all the people. Izzy even got a few treats of her own, including a hot dog and an unflavored snow-cone. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment