Friday, July 16, 2010

Home Improvement

Lately, Steve and I have taken on some much needed home improvement tasks.. Needless to say we think they are slowly killing us. 

Kidding... but really, it has been a lot of hard work, sleepless nights, sweat and even a few... adult beverages. I don't want to post pictures until I complete a room, but here is a quick update:

Kitchen: (the first-and hardest- room I've decided to tackle)

Closet is finished. Where there once was a washer and dryer, there is now a nice closet that will be used for storing cleaning supplies, the vacuum, broom etc.

Walls are finally painted! 
Next step...Cupboards!

**Sometimes I don't know what I was thinking when I started this project... Whew!

Siding: 

A while back, Steve came to an unfortunate realization that we HAD to replace our siding.. and it wasn't something that could wait. We had mold growing in our house, and the outside had begun rotting away. Well after finally figuring out a time to get supplies, the neighbor (who we would not be able to do most things without) and Steve started one wall of siding. They worked late into the night and will continue this weekend.

Needless to say.. there is a lot more "To-Do" items on our list... therefore that means, a lot more hard work, sweat, sleepless nights and adult beverages are in the future. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment