Thursday, June 11, 2009

Comfort Food

... is a must need after a day like today! I subbed for probably the last day this school year, and let me tell you, it was the worst experience I have had. I honestly walked away from the school feeling so awful for the teacher who has to deal with those students on a daily basis. It was one of those days where I felt honestly bad for the students who were paying attention to me, listening to directions and doing exactly what I asked of them, because they too had to be punished just like everyone else. It's amazing how one or two... or 5 kids can ruin things for everyone. They all kept feeding off of each other all day long, and knew when I was at my limit- which made things even worse.

Luckily tomorrow I am going in to see my kids. I am not saying they are perfect by any means, but I just miss them so much so I know it will be a wonderful day! It will completely cancel out everything that happened today. And the fact that my mom is going to come in and see the kids for a little while with me is going to make the day even more memorable. I'm excited for her to be able to finally put a face with a name and stories that I've shared with her.

I feel like a little kid around the holidays... I can't wait for tomorrow... I wish it would just be here right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment