Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Bee

Whew.... What a weekend!

Friday included rehearsal for Graduation, a final meeting with the cohort and Elaine (and tears), and a reception for the Education Department. I think it was Friday when this whole whirlwind hit me... I'm a big kid now....

Saturday was G-day! Graduation!!! I woke up early, feeling like a little kid waiting for Santa to come. I was ready far too early and found that I had to calm myself and force myself to just sit down and read for an hour. When the time finally came, the sun was shining, the family was present, and the excitement could possibly have been felt from miles around! Talk about an overwhelming experience...all I can really remember from the actual ceremony was getting up to the stage and telling myself... "don't fall...you'll look like a complete doof.. don't fall.." After the ceremony, it was time to PARTY!! We had great food, drinks and wonderful company! It's always so nice to see people you haven't seen for a while, and it's even nicer to have people want to be there spending your special day with you! And... of course we had... COSTCO CAKE!!! what's a graduation without Costco cake?!?!? not one I'd attend, that's for sure!

Sunday wrapped up the weekend with a family brunch. Basking in the sun, enjoying good food, and more wonderful company. Later that evening, we wanted to have a special dinner with the grandparents from Arizona, so we headed to downtown Camas and ate at the delicious Twilight Pizza... talk about a stuffed girl.. it was so worth it!! The came the good-byes... it's always hard to see people you love go back home, especially when it's back to Arizona. Guess that means that a vacation is in order... ASAP!

Monday (although not technically part of the weekend) started with the realization that I can now look for subbing jobs online in the Battle Ground School District. I went online, just to check and see how it looked and worked... and sure enough I sit here this evening and type this blog having booked 5 subbing jobs already! Talk about excitement!! I feel like a little girl running through the sprinkler! I just want to run around my apartment and squeal!!! Stay tuned for how tomorrow (first sub job) goes...

Yahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment