Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Job

...not so scary after all. I can honestly say that the kids today were wonderful! I will admit that I had flashbacks to when I was younger and had substitute teachers, some kids were awful to them and I'll also admit that I was a bit terrified. But they were so helpful in making sure I was doing the right things and getting them where they needed to be, it honestly went amazingly well!

Favorite Part #1:
In a 2nd grade girl whisper voice "She's pretty...." a few minutes later...
2nd grade girls: "Ms. Hunter.. You're so pretty!"
Ms. Hunter: "Aw, thank you, you're such sweet girls!"
2nd grade girls: "no Ms. Hunter... you know when guys say that girls are hot?! well you are that kind of pretty, the hot kind of pretty!"

Favorite Part #2:
As I head to the office to return my key and collect my time card,
Secretary: "How'd it go today?"
Me: "It went so great! The kids are absolutely wonderful!"
Secretary: "Oh good! well that is until one of your students was caught peeing outside..."
Me: "What?!"
Secretary: "Oh ya.. it was (so and so), he said that he couldn't hold it any longer for his walk home, so he decided to start peeing on the side of the middle school building..."

How can you not love kids!? It's moments like today that I am reassured of the good in our world. They make you smile and laugh without even trying.

1 comment:

  1. You're the hot kind of pretty...love it! 'Tis true, Sabrina, you beauty!

    Congrats on the excitement in your world!
    Take care,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete