Thursday, April 19, 2012

Change

I don't deal well with change, of any sort. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely do the "fly by the seat of my pants thing" if it has proper planning time. I like to know what I'm doing, where I'm going and how I'll go about things once I get there.

Well here's the problem.. My long term sub job is ending next Friday. This, in my world is a tragedy. Not only will I miss all of the students and staff, but I will also miss the routine! And the simple fact that I will know where I am going everyday, what I'll be doing that day and have had time to mentally prepare for how I'm going to get it done. Once this is over, I will have lost all control, literally.

Help!!

So here's what I'm going to do.. I am going to start something new. Something that might allow me a bit of control. Who knows? What am I really saying.. I just need something to not allow myself to fall back into a "sub pool funk."

I am going to start the "Couch to 5K" program. Not only will I have something to get me back in shape for the dreaded summer, but I will also have something to keep my mind off of my lack of control in other areas. Now here's the other key, I need to stick with it. I am not a fan of working out. I'd much rather curl up after a hard days work and read a good book, clean the house, do laundry, yes that's right, just about anything BUT workout.

It's 3 days a week, I can do that right?! Let's hope. Here's to starting something new... in one week...
What you actually thought I'd start tomorrow?!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. Just run a lap for me, okay?

    P.S. We will miss you too.

    ReplyDelete