Monday, July 13, 2009

Domestic Goddess

Yesterday was by far the most domestic day I have had in a long time, and as weird as it sounds, it felt wonderful! I woke up, made vanilla pancakes, drank cups of yummy coffee (even had to fix the coffee maker before I could get those cups of joe), cleaned(scrubbed) the bathroom, made cookies to take as dessert to Sunday family dinner, spent the afternoon hanging with the family-watching some good ole HGTV, helped prepare dinner for the family, came home-crawled in bed and read for a few hours last night. What a day right?! For you this might seem absolutely boring, for me-- I finally felt normal. Although as I was making vanilla pancakes for breakfast I suddenly longed for little critters running around and hungry for breakfast. I look forward to weekend mornings spent in pj's, eating breakfast around the dining room table, watching cartoons.
Today I fully intend to continue my domestication... how? I will decide that after a nice trip to the gym. (my simple way to start my days with sanity)

I've also realized that I need to start taking some more pictures and post some here on my blog. Maybe this evening when I go for my walk I will see what I can capture. I'd like to take more pictures in general and hopefully I can find a way to make it an everyday thing. Beware I am packing and moving here real soon, so there will probably be pictures of my messy, bare, old home and my messy, unpacked new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment