Friday, July 17, 2009

Fast Forward

My life has been on fast forward this week. I was planning on moving when my lease was up on August 31st. However after a visit to the front office of my apartment complex on Tuesday, I found out that there is an apartment available July 31st. They would need to clean and paint or whatever it is that needs to be taken care of before someone new moves in, so once all of that is complete I could be in as soon as August 7th-10th. Given the fact that the apartment that is available is on the second floor (I refuse to live on the ground floor-especially when I am living all alone), is a corner apartment meaning that it has more windows then if it were in the middle of a building, it is not on a main road of the complex so the traffic noise will be next to none, there is plenty of uncovered available parking for myself and anyone that wants to visit and it looks out on to a courtyard rather then a road or parking lot-- I was not willing to give this up for a later move in date. This means that I am packing, packing packing. It's hard to know where to start, but I have found that I have started in at least one small area everyday, and it's forced me to de-clutter my life and clean out crap that I don't need anymore. (it's amazing how much 'school' stuff I actually have-- take that as a hint Job Gods... I need my own classroom!!)

I also have some other exciting news to share! I am getting a puppy! yes that's right, a puppy, no need to reread that sentence, it's not a joke. (unless that is for some reason the puppies aren't born or something) The puppies are due any day now and then I'll have to wait a little while before I can bring my bundle of love home. But I am VERY EXCITED!!! They are Labrador Retrievers and by the looks of the first litter that Clyde and Lily (mom and dad) had they are going to be stinkin' cute!! I've already been looking at things for him/her and trying to decide on names and all the fun stuff that comes with having a doggie! It seriously could not be better timing! I am so stoked!! (more to come about the doggie I'm sure ) ♥

I finally feel like I am getting back to my old self these days. I still fight the urge to slip back into my post-school depression phase, but I force myself to stay busy. Plus now that I am moving I don't really have a choice but to stay busy, so that is very helpful! I have a feeling that this summer-- although much different then I was expecting it to be-- is going to be a great summer. I've already met new people, had lots of fun conversations, and am going to have a jam-packed next month. I can't wait to get into my new place, get everything set back up and settled in, start preparing for the arrival of my puppy and just be me again. Like I said, it's going to be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment