Saturday, July 11, 2009

Good Week

Yes, that is correct people, this has been a good week! I've learned that instead of fighting my so called "summer vacation" I can in fact embrace it and enjoy some time off after all of my hard work for years and years. Yes it is hard not having a paycheck coming in on a regular basis, but I have been reading books (from both the public library as well as my own--FREE), working out daily-if not twice, cooking yummy/healthy meals for myself, watching HGTV & Food Network (which inspires my meals and excites me for decorating a new place), packing things in my place which results in a deep clean of areas in this place, and being ok with spending time with myself. After all, I am a pretty neat girl!

Yesterday I spent majority of the day taking my Great Grandma to run her errands. It started by picking her up from her weekly hair appointment (this is where I get my priorities-- a fabulous girl DOES NOT cancel her hair appointments, even at 96 years old) we then snagged my brother and headed to the Chinese Garden for a fabulous lunch. Then it was off to the routine blood test and then to pick up some groceries. We had a fun day together, even if it was just taking care of those weekly tasks.
My brother is officially "free." If you don't know what I mean by that, don't ask. We spent some quality BrotherSister time last night. Cooking dinner, watching reruns, and then eating ice cream while watching a movie that we both voted at the end, was not so good.

I finished reading the book I had mentioned a few posts back (during my blah-blah days & update) and I am sure now that it was the fact that I was in the wrong mindset to be reading a book because once I finished, I realized that it was in fact a great book! Now I'm on to another! I look forward to going to bed at night so I can curl up and read. That and lately my body has been exhausted and often sore. But I am not complaining! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment