Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitten Update

Yesterday was a day of extreme heat. I spent most of the day laying where a fan could send it's air onto me, while the kitten spent it's day curled up on the bathroom floor next to the toilet. This, I've heard, is the coolest place in my apartment... too bad I can't fit there. I was beginning to feel rotten for keeping this little bundle of joy in this heat box I call home, so I had decided that I was going to take it to the Humane Society (where it's probably air conditioned) so that someone could better care for it. Little did I know that this sad experience would turn into one of joy. I met my mom at work yesterday evening, so that she could drive us to the shelter, since driving with a kitten is not the easiest task. I walked in the door and took the kitten upstairs, and ended up finding out that someone wanted him! Talk about a wonderful evening. I hated the thought of taking him to the Humane Society, but felt an overwhelming sense of joy when someone decided they wanted to try him in their home.

This is how he spent the morning sleeping. How can you not love this guy?! I came home last night after bumming some AC off my mom's house, and realized just how quiet and lonely my place got in a matter of an evening. Guess that means that it's time for the puppy to come home!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment