Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Smiling with a Chance of Rain

Yesterday as I was sitting in the doctors office waiting for my appointment, I realized that the OB/GYN office is a place with many possible emotions. I saw people walking in with their newborns in tow, exhausted looks on their faces but smiling through it. I saw women walkout wiping away tears and looks of frustration on their faces. As I sat and watched, I realized that any doctors office can be a place with a huge amount of possible emotions. It's amazing what you can get from a simple doctors appointment.
Today as I sit in my living room, freezing, I realize that although it is July, it feels more like March. I have been wearing jackets, socks (which aside from working out, my toes have been free for quite some time now) and curling up under blankets in order to stay warm. I have been looking out the windows all day wondering if the clouds that are outside are going to bring rain?! If so, I can't wait to open all the windows and take in the wonderful smell of summer rain!!! It is honestly, hands down, one of my most favorite things!
Things in my life have been changing a lot recently, and I see this weeks weather change as a precursor to my life so far this summer. Although it is cloudy right now, I feel that my life is going to be getting brighter and sunnier. I am happy about this. I have begun packing my place for the move in August (yes it's early, but since I have the summer off I figure why not start early), I've been reading, I've been working out, & I've been happily cooking myself very delicious dinners!
As I wait out the possibility of rain (fingers are crossed), I can't help but consider a few things. The need to go to Seattle. The desire to figure out just how I want to decorate my new place. And the thoughts of fun things to come this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment